2012 blew me away when it came to my job. Almost 3 years ago, I took a huge risk and a major pay cut to quit my job and start working as David’s assistant at New Leaf. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would work so hard, be part of such an amazing company, and love my job as much as I do. The chance I took has paid off in more ways than I can count.
The real estate market here in Houston was insane in 2012….not just for us at New Leaf but for all buyers and seller across Houston. Here is a look back at some of our highlights from the year:
– Completed over 60 transactions between representing buyers and sellers
– Those 60 transactions came out to over $45 million in sales
– Dealt with multiple offer situations on over half of our transactions (you can’t just throw together an offer and send it over these days, there are tricks to the trade)
– Sold a house through a Facebook post so I never had to list it on HAR
– Lowest mortgage rates in HISTORY
– Created this blog
– Completed over $10 million in NON-MLS sales (meaning we represented either buyers or sellers on homes that were never listed on HAR)
– Lots, New Construction, Condos, Townhomes, and Single Family resale…sold it all
– Represented buyers or sellers in River Oaks, West U, Memorial, Spring Valley, Braes Heights, Old Braeswood, Southampton, Southgate, Heights, Shady Acres, Timbergrove, Memorial West….not to mention in Austin, Galveston, and Lake Livingston….just to name a few
– Still awaiting the results, but we expect that David will be ranked within the top 5 realtors in Houston according to the Houston Business Journal
And to save the best for last, we were able to offer our clients over $750,000 in savings this past year. Houstonians are more real estate savvy then ever these days and they are demanding a business model that rewards them for their efforts. If you STILL don’t know what I am referring to, check it out here.
This business is a constant roller coast. Looking back over what we accomplished this past year makes me feel really thankful and blessed to be in this “housepeeping” industry we can real estate. It really is a neat experience to work with people as they sell their home or to help people find a place to become their new home. It’s an exciting and stressful time in people’s life and I hope that my role in the process provides them with knowledge, comfort, and guidance. I am super excited to see what opportunities 2013 has to offer me as I keeping working alongside David while continuing to building my own book of business. Thank you for visiting my small section of cyber space. I wish you all a happy and healthy year!